Saturday, March 05, 2005

Chinese moving from gay.com to gaydar?

When I was on a tour of Asia for a week with the bank in 2002 I was lucky enough to meet several local Asian guys for fun. During the course of 5 days, I ended up meeting T in Beijing, H in Shanghai, L in Hong Kong, as well as P in Singapore. I've managed to stay in touch with all of them except T, who unfortunately has changed his e-mail address.

Since the 2002 Asian tour I've been back once to Hong Kong, and once to Singapore which was last month. On the Hong Kong visit I was able to meet up briefly with L, and on last month's trip to Singapore I was able to meet up with P too (Singapore trip Feb 2005. Monday, final day). I also mention H, L and P in "Gay relationships between Asian and western guys".

Although I've not been back to Shanghai, I still occasionally exchange e-mails with H, and in fact I had an e-mail from him yesterday. I had asked him what he thought about gay.com in comparision with gaydar, given that we had originally met on gay.com, and this was his reply:

Yes, we met in gay.com chat rooms. but since gay.com changed its chat system last year, it is not so popular for Chinese any more. Now more and more people are moving to gaydar. I like gaydar better because it is easier and more simple.

I couldn't agree more. When I get time I must write up that week from Asia 2002 when I met all those gorgeous guys, it was a very memorable week.

No comments: