Monday, April 05, 2010

Still on holiday :-)

After visiting Oman, we decided to visit another country on our way back to the UK. In the past I've asked readers to try and guess where we are from a couple of photographs, and each time I'm amazed at how quickly the locations are identified (see e.g. Oman, Amsterdam, Mykonos, Santorini, Tuscany, Rome). So in a serious attempt to make it harder, I'm only going to post one pic this time, and I'm hoping it's a hard picture to identify too! So ... can anyone tell me where we were when I took the picture below?


PS: sorry for the dirt on my camera lens!

10 comments:

Mike said...

dubai

GB said...

LOL Mike, I can't bl**dy believe it, that's an all time record because my post was only there for 2 mins before you left your comment!! I am indeed in Dubai. Perhaps I should give up on this photo guessing game.

None the less, in an attempt to salvage something from this situation, can anyone tell me exactly where I was in Dubai when I took that picture?

GB xxx

Bill said...

What it reflects is the wide range of knowledge of your readership - I too would have said 'Dubai' had I seen your article earlier. As for the precise location, well that's obvious, too, but I won't spoil the fun ;) Take care ...

Leon Koh said...

have a great trip my blogger friend

Leon
Singapore
http://hanleong.blogspot.com

Bartek said...

Burj Al Arab?

Anonymous said...

Hi GB,

This aerial view is taken near the near the Palm Jumeirah resort. It's called that because if you look at the set of reclaimed islands from above, they are shaped like a palm tree.

PS: I knew that because i'm an architect and was indirectly involved in the project!:)

cheers,
R

Anonymous said...

Oh come on! Too easy GB!

GB said...

Full marks go to Bartek, because it was I was indeed at the Burj Al Arab while I was in Dubai. That was the view from their Skyview bar shortly before sunset last Sunday :-).

GB xxx

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Been there and would have recognised it too.

I stayed at Mina A' Salaam (that huge complex next door) - if your still there go in and take an abra ride the entire place has a waterwork canal system and you have to use the abra to travel around.

Have a great time.

burning faggot said...

♥ ♥ ♥